Saturday 7 September 2013

Monday 2nd September 2013 - Off To La Cotiniére

After an early start to finish my packing, I set off down the town to lift some money from my bank account and grab a coffee and croissant at the PMU. Once I was all sorted, it was back to my place where Dorothy arrived to collect me at 10 o'clock and take me over to Champagne Mouton.

It was a beautiful day and the weather forecast indicated that it was to be more of the same for the rest of the week. I was looking forward to an enjoyable and relaxing time with my younger sister Dorothy, my older Sister Anne and her husband Graham.

We all travelled together in 'Freda', Anne and Graham's motorhome in which they were later to continue exploring France for another few weeks. We went by way of Saintes and were soon crossing the bridge taking us to the Ile d'Oleron our island destination and the lovely port of La Cotiniére.

The island was considerably quieter than it had been the previous week, with people now returned to work and children returned to school. Le Sous Bois campsite was to be our home for four nights. Anne and Graham in their new motorhome, and Dorothy and myself in a very comfortable two bedroom cabin.


Chez Nous



Chez Anne & Graham



After getting ourselves all organised in our respective abodes, we had some drinks chez Anne and Graham’s before having a walk into town and a look around. It was gorgeous weather and finishing off our afternoon with a further drink in a harbour-side café, we bought our evening  meal from a quayside fish merchant’s nearby.

Returning to Le Sous Bois, Anne got busy preparing our seafood repas. The julienne, or ling as I have since discovered, was lovely - more so than the Scottish salmon.  Needless to say, that the evening ended with some lovely wine to wash it all down before retiring to our beds tired and exhausted after a long day.


No comments:

Post a Comment